IPM Defies Economic Stagnancy with Unprecedented Growth
IT firm puts 2012 expansion goals in play with senior staff appointments and a new service and product rollout plan
NEW YORK, NY – Feb. 21, 2012 – As businesses rally to emerge from the lingering effects of a stagnant economy, IPM, Inc., an award-winning IT consulting and systems integration firm, ends 2011 with record-breaking numbers, including a 31 percent revenue increase and a 32 percent staff boost. With IT trends such as cloud computing, Windows 7 migration, and virtual desktop solutions driving IT investments this year, IPM is proactively taking steps in 2012 to better serve clients and keep them in stride with the pace of business. IPM recently appointed former Vice President of IT for Tiffany & Co, Philip Alberta, to CIO and former Director of Enterprise Applications for Dewey & LeBoeuf, LLP, Jim Kannengieser, to Program Manager.
“IPM’s success is anchored in the business approach we take to IT. Instead of IT driving decision buying, we work with stakeholders to evaluate technology decisions based on their short- and long-term business impact,” said Myron Bari, President and CEO of IPM. “It is this business practice, combined with a strengthened team, new service offerings and strategic partnerships that will continue to fuel our growth in 2012.”
Despite year-over-year growth since it opened its doors in 1984, IPM’s performance last year set new records. Company milestones included:
- Ten new client offerings, ranging from EMC VNX for unified storage and Microsoft System Center for system management to Microsoft Office 365 for cloud services, Citrix Virtual Netscaler (VPX) for cost-effective load balancing and Windows 7 migrations.
- A 31 percent revenue increase attributed to the company’s deep-rooted Microsoft and EMC partnerships, in-house certified consultants and engineers, expansive product portfolio, and onsite, dedicated relationship managers, Peyton McGinnis (Microsoft) and Mike Mochnal (EMC), who facilitate timely access to product managers, technology roadmaps, new programs and best practices.
- A 32 percent boost in IT, sales and administrative staff, to support the growing Citrix, Microsoft and EMC practices.
With aggressive plans in play to exceed last year’s business milestones, IPM has kicked off the New Year with several strategic efforts already in place. In January, the company strengthened its organization by adding two IT business leaders to its team. As CIO, Alberta directs IPM’s organizational processes, continuously evaluating programs to maximize efficiency and further progress across all business practices. He also plays an integral role in developing executive client relationships, mapping solutions to business objectives and ensuring maximum value is realized from project investments. As Program Manager, Kannengieser cross-manages client program projects, implementing program policies and protocols, directing project-level activity and collaborating with the team and client to ensure overall program goals are achieved.
Looking ahead, below are other initiatives IPM will execute this year to support its 2012 goals:
- Emphasis on building private clouds and bridging the gap between public and private.
- Continued investment in the company’s infrastructure practice and associated vendors.
- Launch an IT executive roundtable series to provide a forum for new technology review.
To learn more about IPM, please visit IPM online or call 212.645.5070.
About IPM, Inc.
Founded in 1984 and based in New York City, IPM is an award winning IT consulting firm recognized as the go-to partner for the assessment, design and implementation of leading edge technologies. The firm’s in-house, results-driven professionals, have proven expertise in Windows 7 deployments, virtual desktop implementations, infrastructure solutions and on/off premise cloud design and migrations across both mid-market and enterprise organizations. IPM is the longest standing Citrix Platinum Partner in the Northeast and also maintains Microsoft Gold, EMC Velocity, and VMware Premier Partnerships.
IPM is also a founding member of the M7 Global Partners, a purpose-built organization comprised of the industry’s seven leading IT services firms providing unmatched resources for desktop solutions and cloud services. M7 Global Partners was named Microsoft Virtualization Partner of the Year 2011.